7 Best Apps for Exercise | Free Fitness Apps
You don’t need to worry if you are a busy person who can’t find time to work out. There is a solution for you, many good apps for exercise available for free. Fitness apps can help you stay active and healthy. They track your progress and provide useful information on your fitness levels. Some of the best exercises that you can do are bodyweight workouts. These can easily be done from home, so you won’t have to leave your house.
A decent fitness app can help you push further, lift more weight, and improve your diet—like it’s having a personal trainer in your pocket. The advantages of fitness are endless, but you need perseverance and self-control to follow a plan long enough to see results. Here is where technology can be useful. The correct software can serve as a virtual personal trainer or training partner to keep you motivated and accountable.
But deciding which of the many available apps can assist you in achieving your objectives can be difficult in and of itself. We’ve hand-picked some of the top fitness apps in 2022 to make your training regimen easier based on their overall reliability, quality, and user ratings.
If you’re interested in trying out some new workout programs or simply seeking motivation, read our Best Apps for Exercise guide.
[Read more: Best Photo Editing Apps Free for Android and iOS]
Different Types of Fitness Apps
There are lots of different types of fitness apps available. Some focus on general health and wellness, while others are designed to improve specific skills such as running, swimming, yoga, and more.
1. Fitness Apps That Focus On General Health
These apps are great for beginners because they will teach you how to keep healthy throughout the day. You’ll also learn about nutrition, and you can track your progress in real-time.
2. Workout Apps For Beginners
This category includes apps that are specifically designed for people who are new to working out. These programs will allow you to start slowly so that you won’t injure yourself.
3. Personal Training Programs
Personal training is a good way to get in shape quickly. However, it’s important to find the right program since most personal trainers aren’t licensed, professionals.
4. Yoga Apps
Yoga is one of the best ways to get fit and relax simultaneously.
How to Choose the Best App for Exercise
How do you choose a workout app when there are so many available? Before downloading, take into account the following factors:
Aims for fitness: Do you want to run more quickly or gain strength? Alternately, perhaps you want to get fitter or lose weight. Make careful to choose an app that meets your demands for fitness, whatever your motivation may be.
Reliable Instructors: We advise selecting an app with workouts designed or conducted by experienced fitness experts for safety and optimum outcomes.
Required equipment: Most applications offer classes that call for specific tools, like yoga blocks, kettlebells, or dumbbells. Look for an app with classes compatible with your current home gym setup unless you want to invest in new gym equipment.
User Reviews: Reading what other users say can be helpful information as you choose whether a fitness app is an appropriate fit for you, even though reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt.
Before choosing one, it’s okay to test out a few different fitness apps. The essential thing is that it helps you achieve your goals.
Top 7 Apps for Exercise
1. Nike Training Club
Utilize the Nike Training Club app to exercise alongside Nike trainers in real-time or on demand. You’ll receive personalized workout recommendations after downloading the app based on the outcomes of a short questionnaire.
The app includes several exercise disciplines, including high-intensity interval training (HIIT), yoga, core, cardio, and strength training programmes. You can also search by muscle group, workout objective, and equipment to discover the ideal class.
- You can study exercises depending on various muscle areas, objectives, and tools.
- The Muscle Group tab displays several abdominal, arm, and leg exercises.
- The Workout Focus area has flexibility, strength, yoga, and endurance options.
- Depending on your access, the equipment section provides a variety of exercises: A full setup, minimal gear, or no gear
- The narrator introduces each workout, identifies the number of reps, and gives tips on tempo and effort.
[Read more: GenYoutube – Download Videos, Photos Free]
2. Home Workout by Leap Fitness Group
LEAP FITNESS is a company that develops fitness and health mobile apps made up of seasoned specialists who are fervently committed to locating, producing, and disseminating top-notch content on exercises and fitness. The app developer dominates the market with most of the top-rated fitness apps for iOS and Android. With just a few minutes every day, their Home Workout software enables you to achieve your ideal body without a coach.
- You can maintain your fitness and grow muscle without leaving the house in only a few minutes per day.
- All exercises can be done using only your body weight; no equipment or trainer is required.
- The app includes exercises for your stomach, chest, legs, arms, and butt with complete body workouts.
- Home Workouts offer daily workout plans for all of your major muscle groups.
3. FitOn Workouts & Fitness Plans
Gain access to the largest selection of digital workouts, guided by the best trainers and famous people in the world—plus, get access to your best gyms and studio sessions! There is never any cost for any workout or personalized fitness routines. It is committed to developing a cutting-edge health and fitness platform, and they don’t want any barriers standing in the way of consumers utilizing the service and all the workouts from incredible trainers to enhance their health and pleasure.
- A hybrid workforce-specific wellness platform.
- Celebrities, top-notch studio partners, and world-class trainers
- With unlimited free access to workouts and meditations, stay active, lower your stress level, and feel wonderful.
- Reach your goals with individualized exercise programmes.
- You can reduce stress, gain muscle, tone up, or lose weight with personalised strategies.
4. 7 Minute Workout
This quick workout is based on HICT (high-intensity circuit training), the “safest, most effective, and most efficient” technique to build muscle and increase cardiovascular fitness. You only need a wall and a chair. Depending on how much time you have, repeat 2-3 circuits. At the office or home, make it your first pick.
- You can challenge your entire body with a free workout routine to increase your fitness and lose weight.
- Thanks to voice prompts, you can finish the entire workout without looking at a timer or smartphone.
- No ambiguity over which exercise to perform next or how to accomplish it.
- Your workout should be timed with prompts for rest periods and new exercises.
5. Freeletics: Fitness Workouts
Freeletics application is essentially a free app that will make the beginning of your training programme easier and more enjoyable. It will modify your exercise regimen and assist you in setting up your timetable to improve your fitness level significantly. Additionally, employing it will undoubtedly make it easier for you to accomplish your goals much more quickly, including gaining or reducing weight.
It is undoubtedly more affordable than signing up for a gym membership because it is simpler to have the exercises covered to help you reach your goals.
- With customized HIIT exercises and audio coaching, you can achieve your goals quickly and form healthy habits regardless of your fitness level.
- A feature called Daily Recap offers you a lot of information you’ll need at the end of the course.
- Applications from Freeletics that are directly linked to your music library will update your playlist following your exercise regimen.
6. Fitness & Bodybuilding by VGFIT LLC
You are guided through each workout and motion with the support of the VGFIT Fitness app as you work toward your objectives. Well-balanced exercises designed by experts in health and fitness individualized workout programmes to develop the abs and the core and reduce body fat. Make a move to develop yourself, your dream, and your physical well-being. It is about effort rather than perfection.
- The Fitness & Bodybuilding app is robust and interesting.
- It offers pre-set workout schedules for bodybuilding, strength training, muscle toning, general conditioning, and powerlifting.
- Strengthen your core, lose excess weight, and boost your performance.
- Thanks to an intuitive interface, everyone can fully benefit from activities for training the most significant muscle groups.
7. Adidas Training: Home Workout
Staying motivated has never been simpler than with Adidas Training, regardless of your fitness goals—weight loss, muscle growth, or toning. Join challenges, compare your performance to others, and challenge yourself. Exercise whenever and wherever. No matter how close you are to meeting your fitness objective, use the Adidas Runtastic apps to help you perform at your best.
- You can choose muscle groups and design your programme with the Adidas Training Home Workout app to meet your schedule.
- Get moving with at-home exercises that focus on various body parts.
- Even better, you can design and construct your workout. Obtain a thorough analysis of your statistics.
- Follow along with training routines, challenges, and videos starring our instructors.
It’s easy to get bored when working out. The best workout apps can motivate and motivate you to keep going. It would help if you considered choosing a free app that you can use daily or weekly to keep you fit and healthy. You can choose from all the latest apps that track your calories and burn them away. Whether you want to lose weight or gain muscle, there are plenty of options. Choose one that helps you reach your goals or keeps you on track.
What are you still holding out for? Take a cue from this list and start working out right away!